Richard and Annette Campbell

Richard and Annette Campbell
Established 2009

Friday, August 31, 2012

Baby Prep!

I am 28 weeks! Wow, time flies! No, we don't have a name, no carseat, no stroller, no toys or play pins...BUT we just got her crib and a few dressers. I'm so happy! One thing at a time. We got a great deal from Lone Star Baby in Frisco. The set was on sale, in the back of the store...we are so lucky to have found it. The salesman was trying to sell us the expensive "new models" in the front, and we asked for cheaper, and he was like, "well, there is a set in the back, but I don't think you will like it..". WHATEVER! Haha. My parents bought us the crib as a present, so we are one step closer to having a baby room.

I've been feeling pretty good. I'm just tired a lot. My low blood pressure might have something to do with it. It's been low my whole pregnancy. Last appointment it was 93 over 50! I have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome), so that keeps me up at night. But the doctor said it's common, and should go away after I have the baby. I still suffer a lot with Charlie Horses too, but now I'm so used to it, that I have learned to just let them pass. On a typical night, I have about 2 to 3. Sometimes I just tap Richard (more like a shove, haha), and he pushes my ankle back, to try to stretch them out.

I have taken on probably one too many sewing projects. !! I just get so excited, and keep finding new patterns that I want to make. I think I'm in over my head, so I'm done picking up new projects. So far, in chronological order of priority: Crib bedding, blessing dress, diaper changer/purse, quilt. But as my sister says in Oregon, do the projects now, because once you start your family and have kids running around it won't be so easy.

I'm trying to stay active, but as we all know, sleep is priority! :) I am still working full-time, so I typically get off work at 6, and then go to the gym. Rich is at mutual (Calling is in Young Men's) on Wednesday nights, so those nights I try to do a little more exercise, since he doesn't get home till 9. Richard is an awesome youth leader. He really enjoys working and teaching the young men...and of coarse, playing basketball and football with them every Wed. night. Which reminds me, I'm still the seminary teacher for Lindale students. I only have 5 students, and 2 of them can't come early morning because of Cross Country. So we are doing Home Study the first semester, and early morning Winter semester. I teach in our home, so they will all get to know Baby Campbell pretty well I'm sure...hopefully we will have her on a schedule to sleep that hour. :)

We are probably staying in Lindale for at least one more year! Which would be awesome, because we truly love our house, ward, town, activities, job, everything!!! But our post-pregnancy plans will have to wait a few more months for us to discuss, considering nothing is set in stone. !!!

Here are some pics of the last few months.

15 weeks
 
20 weeks
25 weeks

Baby Clothes and diapers!!! Once we found out it was a girl, we went straight to the clearence section at Babies R' Us, and Ross. It's the safest and most affordable thing to buy up to this point, since we haven't decided on all the seats/strollers and such.


My sis made me a boppy!


Our crib set/changing table/dresser (pic taken in store)

First rag quilt that I made her.

Crib bedding fabric.

Shopping at market with my Mom!

Bumpers!!! I only have one side done, and have three to go. The white satin was such a pain to gather. Never again!!!

I finished the matching blanket for the crib. Still have the skirt/sheet/diaper stacker/organizer to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment